Pages

.

Homemade Tau Suan (Mung Bean Dessert) - caramelised method 自制豆爽-焦糖法(中英食谱)


Tau Suan (mung bean dessert) has always been my favourite hot dessert since young. My childhood and teenage years were spent in Orchard road area where I used to stay. I recalled following my maternal grandmother to the Cuppage food market where she would do her marketing and there after we would head to the food centre above for our breakfast. Knowing that I love to eat Tau Suan, my dear granny never fails to get me a bowl and even buy extra you tiao (dough fritters) for me to eat with. Occasionally, we would travel further to Tiong Bahru to do marketing and there was this particular dessert stall which serves really good Tau Suan as the mung beans used were bigger than usual and the taste was simply fantastic! However, these stalls have long gone but the memory stays in me.....

豆爽是一种传统热甜品,自小就很爱吃。还记得小时候,住在乌节路一带,年幼的我时常跟着外婆到卡佩芝巴杀去买菜,之后都会到二楼的熟食中心吃早餐。外婆知道我喜欢吃豆爽,时常会买给我吃,还加多油条呢! 我也记得偶尔她会带我到中巴鲁巴杀去,那儿的豆爽我最爱了,因为摊主用的绿豆绊超大粒的,吃起来口感很棒!随着时间的流逝,这些我曾经喜爱的豆爽摊都已不存在了,剩下的只有回忆。。。


CLICK HERE TO READ MORE 点击这里阅读更多 »

No comments:

Post a Comment